"It's Game Time! Leadership Lessons from a Former Pro Female Football Player"
Words have profound power; they can lift someone up or tear someone down. Jan Spence shares how pursuing her life-long dream of playing professional football led to the unexpected opportunity to affect change through encouraging words and simple actions. Applying her “Cheer Leadership™” approach in the workplace builds stronger connections, increases employee engagement and loyalty, and fosters collaboration and innovation. These invaluable lessons transform employee and customer relations and create more synergy among leadership and the people they manage.
After this session, attendees will be able to:
1. Implement practical ways to encourage others.
2. Discover and use their unique gifts in the workplace and with customers and prospects.
3. Find new opportunities to connect with employees, colleagues, and clients in a distinctive way to increase engagement.
"Dare to be Different! 3 Keys for Goal-setting Success"
Research shows that only 4% of people meet their goals each year. Part of the issue may be that using an old, traditional approach to goal-setting often leads to mounting frustration and undue stress. In this interactive, high-energy session, Jan Spence will provide participants with a fresh, innovative perspective on how to develop a game plan and maintain momentum to achieve their goals and objectives. Attendees will learn and implement her easy step-by-step process right away and also share these techniques with others to promote further success. Participants will learn new ways to empower themselves and others to get rid of unnecessary roadblocks, focus on what makes them successful, and then capitalize on these new methods. Based on Jan’s extensive experience helping organizations, associations, and individuals explore their full potential, she will expose attendees to a different approach to goal-planning.
Through this presentation, attendees will:
1. Identify core values to set new benchmarks for their own personal and professional growth and development
2. Apply Jan’s proprietary “Target ABC” method of goal-setting
3. Set at least one goal using new methods by the end of the session.
Harmony Through Teamwork! Improving Communication in the Workplace
For the first time ever, there are five different generations in the workforce. Each generation has their own style of communicating and varying expectations for workplace interactions. Regardless of industry, location, or company size, ineffective communications can obstruct information, hinder collaboration, and negatively impact employee satisfaction. In this highly interactive, high-energy keynote, Jan Spence will use her vast knowledge helping companies and individuals take their teamwork, listening, and communication skills to the next level by sharing tips on how to set established protocols and clear processes of communication, thus increasing employee engagement and overall productivity. By the end of the session, participants will have the necessary tools they can implement immediately to successfully navigate the varying and unique needs of a multi-generational workforce.
1. Implement tools and techniques to create synergy among the different generations when communicating.
2. Create more productive interactions in the workforce to increase overall engagement levels.
3. Learn how to apply Jan’s “ARC method” to be more succinct and minimize wasted time
You Can't Walk Through the Pigpen Without Getting Mud on Your Feet - The 3 “Musts” of Self-care
Through the hustle and bustle of everyday life, many individuals get so caught up in serving others that they often overlook crucial self-care treatment. This highly interactive, engaging and uplifting workshop will help these individuals explore areas where fatigue may occur. Jan Spence will share her experience running a rape crisis center and how she helped individuals maintain a healthy balance between service to others and home and personal life. This program will provide refreshing new mindsets and tools to help prevent burnout. During the course, the participants will engage in group exercises and discussions to increase self-awareness by exploring their own limitations, challenges and struggles with maintaining a balance between balancing work and professional duties with self-care.
After this session, attendees will:
1. Identify vulnerable areas and symptoms of burnout, stress, and lack of self-care.
2. Learn to set effective boundaries at work with coworkers, partners, and at home.
3. Implement strategies to maintain their own physical, personal, spiritual and mental health in order to ensure professional effectiveness.
3 Keys to Effective Leadership in Changing Times
Today, it seems the only constant at work is change and this change can sometimes happen in the blink of an eye. When it comes to adjustments both large and small, how well those in a leadership role manage these changes can cause a business to either flourish or flounder. In this highly interactive, high-energy keynote, Jan Spence uses her vast experience as a business owner to help leaders learn how to keep the workplace running effectively by helping employees cope with various changes. Attendees will gain actionable, innovative tools they can use to open up lines of communication with their teams, foster collaboration and teamwork, and create connections, all of which will lead to a greater sense of trust among the workforce, even when the unexpected occurs. They will also learn ways to share the techniques they learn with those they manage for even greater synergy.
1. Learn the top ten reasons people resist change and how to frame change as something positive.
2. Apply Jan’s “ACT process” to empower individuals to be part of the solution amid uncertainty.
3. Use her “Stop, Look, Listen” approach to minimize confusion and frustration.
• Well, They Smelled Good in the Interview! A 3 Step Process for Hiring Rock Stars
• Do I Eat Shrimp with a Fork or My Fingers? Navigating the Networking Nightmare
• Creating a Sales Culture in a Non-sales World
• Setting Boundaries – Dealing with Difficult People
• Do I Have to…REALLY? Tips for Embracing Change
• 4 Steps to Closing the Deal - A New Perspective on Sales and Prospecting